Are you looking for ways to drive more traffic to your business website? Getting more traffic, and likely more customers, is just a few simple steps away. You’d be surprised at how doing just a few small tactics on a regular basis can really start to add up!
Here are 10 easy-to-implement tips for more website traffic today!
- Write what people want – Learn the art of keyword research (google it). Before you write an article look for keywords that are relevant to the topic. Place keywords NATURALLY into the article you produce.
- Think about the title – No more than 60 characters. Include the keywords you’re targeting, google will highlight them in the results page. People click on the result that is closest to their search term.
- Increase click through rate – Write a human readable description with no more than 150 characters. Make sure the description let users know you have the answer to their search problem.
- Get more traffic – Google has a section on the page titled “Searches related to [search term]”. Put relevant keywords from this list into articles you already rank for. You’ll rank for many of these terms also.
- Make the most of great articles – Repurpose your best content and share it with other bloggers in your niche. Create an infographic or slide deck of great articles and share it with your community.
- Produce epic content – Don’t be too quick to publish. Is the article the best it can be? Does it have every last bit of detail? Use relevant images and video for a visually appealing finish.
- Tell everyone – Publishing an article is not the end, it’s the beginning! Setup a content calendar for producing and publishing articles, include promotion on social media sites. Stick to the plan!
- Pay your respects – Your epic articles should have many links out to relevant authorities backing up your argument. Email those authorities, let them know, ask them to share if they like it.
- Is your finger on the pulse? – Start monitoring your niche. You can use tools like Google Alerts and Warble to monitor articles and tweets that are relevant. Contact everyone talking about your topic, be everywhere.
- Get involved Are you a member of forums in your niche? Do you comment on blogs in your niche? Link to your site in the comments, you’ll be surprised by the result.
There you have it, 10 super-simple tips to help you drive more traffic to your website and optimize your website for Google!